[Bioc-devel] Sweave changes (keep.source = TRUE or FALSE?)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Sun Dec 17 01:22:20 CET 2006

As is my "tradition", I'm about to take a holiday break from my "day
job" and work on my own personal open source projects. Not entirely by
coincidence, this year's project involves literate programming,
reproducible research, R, Sweave, NoWeb, LyX, and some other tools, most
notably the Ruby "scripting language" and SWIG. It's a rather ambitious
project, given how little free time I have, but I'm hoping to at least
get the infrastructure in place by mid-March.

As a result, I don't have an "existing code base" for changes to Sweave
to force changes in, but I very much want to be able to build code in
the next week or so that's going to work both with the current R 2.4.0
and future versions of R, with as much "agility" and "pragmatic project
automation", to use the concepts I'm picking up from the Ruby world, as
possible. So how should I proceed?

Should I download the R-devel source and build around that, knowing that
between now and mid-March there will be a lot of change? Or should I
stick with R 2.4.0, knowing that one of the core areas of the project is
going to change in R? Or should I drop the whole idea and tackle a less
ambitious project? :)

To clarify (I hope) why I'm asking these questions, you can get an old
partial description of the project at the RubyForge repository.
Unfortunately, the web interface seems to be down, but the anonymous CVS
is working.

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at rubyforge.org:/var/cvs/cougar checkout
Rameau/Rameau.pdf

http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/