[Bioc-devel] [biocore] Sweave changes (keep.source = TRUE or FALSE?)

Friedrich Leisch friedrich.leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Dec 6 14:48:06 CET 2006

[...]

  >> > Is it not possible to fix the windows path generation problem at
  >> > the R level instead?
  >>
  >> It is not an R problem, but a latex problem: The default path to an R
  >> installation on an *English* windows machine (path depends on
  >> language) is
  >>
  >> C:\Program Files\R\...
  >>
  >> and the blank is something latex cannot handle.

  > In Windows R, use shortPathName():

Been there, seen that ;-(

Then you get tildes in your path, which latex doesn't like
either. That was the discussion which we had in August, see

  http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/devel/06/08/6675.html
  http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/devel/06/08/6697.html

and the thread leading to those two. I did look for *reliable*
alternatives, but found none and hence want to follow your advice and
stop *automatically* inserting a path which will most likely not work
on the platform most users have.

Best,
Fritz