[Bioc-devel] Preview: BioC 1.9 Release Schedule
sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Aug 24 01:56:53 CEST 2006
The next version of R is likely to be released in early October. We
would like to plan for a Bioconductor release shortly following the R
release. This means that BioC package developers should plan on
spending some time during September checking their package against
R-devel and making any needed improvements and fixes.
TENTATIVE DATES... these could change, but should give you an idea of
what to expect
* No new packages will be added to the 1.9 release. If you are
planning to contribute a package for the 1.9 release, please do
so ASAP. Contributed packages have to go through a review
process which must be complete before 04 Sept.
* Annotation data packages based on new source data available for
* Code freeze: no API changes, no new features
* Deadline for packages passing R CMD check without error.
* Deadline for packages passing R CMD check without warnings.
* BioC 1.9 released
More information about the Bioc-devel