[Bioc-devel] Thanks are deserved

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Apr 28 05:55:05 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I want to take a moment to publicly thank a few folks who helped to
make this Bioc release the smoothest to date.

Jim MacDonald donated his time and compute cycles to rebuild the
annotation cdf and probe packages, coordinated the addition of the new
MBNI cdf and probe packages, and answered countless questions on the
bioc list.  Thanks, Jim.

Seattle team at FHCRC:

* Ting-Yuan Liu delivered the updated annotation packages, provided
  fixes for experiment data, and reviewed all of the newly contributed
  packages.  Ting will be moving to a different group here at FHCRC.
  We'll miss his help, but wish him the best in his new endeavors.

* Herve Pages has taken on the build master role and done wonders to
  improve the reliability of the builds (even on Windows!) and enhance
  the usability of the daily check reports (they really are daily!).
  He has also taken on the care and feeding of the Biostrings
  package ensuring that powerful sequence analysis tools are available
  in Bioconductor.

* Martin Morgan did a great job improving Biobase and implementing a
  new set of Biobase core classes (more on that soon).  Thanks
  especially for keeping a cool head during the last minute design
  changes.

* Nianhua Li contributed fixes to a number of packages to allow them
  to pass R CMD check and get into the release.  She also added
  namespace support to the packages that we maintain here.

So thanks all.

Best Wishes,

+ seth