[Bioc-devel] Biobase / eSet changes for this release

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 18 21:28:02 CEST 2006

I'll implement EmptyMatrix. I will then update validity checking (and
other methods, as necessary) to allow for it in place of any/all
elements in a class. This will take a couple of days to get around to,
and in the mean time I'll talk with Robert and Seth about what
elements are actually in SnpSet; in some ways the EmptyMatrix idea
makes a more flexible approach (specifying several required slots,
e.g., expression, call, copyNumber, but usually functioning correctly
if these are occupied by EmptyMatrix) appealing.

It might help for a two-second overview of how 'expression' data might
be generally useful; I can see how call and copyNumber will feed into
'downstream' analyses.

Martin