[Bioc-devel] Problem building package under windows

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Fri Sep 30 16:11:11 CEST 2005

Hi,
  It helps a lot if you read the posting guide. I also want to point out
that this is an R question and should be asked on that list.

Cutting and pasting into Google, leads you to this, on the djgpp FAQ.
And that suggests that you did not follow the instructions for
installing R properly - you have to, it is very fragile and if you leave
out any step it does not work.

v2gnu/find41b.zip
     GNU Findutils, including find, xargs, and locate. These programs
are used to process a group of files which share some common attributes,
like the file name pattern, read/write permissions, file time-stamps,
etc. Since DOS has its own, incompatible program called find.exe, you
will need either to make sure DJGPP's bin subdirectory is before the
C:\DOS directory (for DOS and Windows 3.X) and C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND
directory (for Windows 9X) on your PATH, or to rename the DOS find
program to some other name. If you don't, you might see the following
message when you try to run find:

  FIND: Parameter format not correct

Perhaps that is the problem

  Robert

Jamain, Adrien J wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I get the error below when trying to Rcmd check my package (in fact
> *any* package). I have installed Rtools and ActivePerl as recommended.
>
> Any idea where that could come from?
> I know this is a longshot, but I'm fairly desperate now...
>
> Cheers,
> Adrien
>
> ---------- Making package combineChips ------------
>   adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
>   installing NAMESPACE file and metadata
>   installing R files
>   installing inst files
> FIND: Parameter format not correct
> make[2]: *** [D:/combineChips.Rcheck/combineChips/inst] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [pkg-combineChips] Error 2
>   adding MD5 sums
>
> * DONE (combineChips)