[Bioc-devel] affy's cleancdfname

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 27 19:55:15 CEST 2005

Kasper,

On 27 Sep 2005, khansen at stat.berkeley.edu wrote:
> When you are looking into all of this, I would like to have an easy
> way to set the cdf slot so the download process do not start, eg.
> setting it to "unknown". This could be quite relevant for people
> (like me) who needs to be able to read the cel files but do not have
> (and possibly will not get) a cdf environment. And right now (ok as
> far as I recall), even the show method on an AffyBatch object starts
> the entire existence checking/download etc. routine.

This would have been good to raise as a feature request a few weeks
ago ;-)

Can you please take a look at the vignettes in affy and confirm that
there is not already a documented way to do this.  I was looking
through the vignette yesterday and seem to recall something about
turning off auto-downloading.

+ seth