[Bioc-devel] Latex/Rd problems?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 27 19:08:43 CEST 2005

On 27 Sep 2005, Karl.Dykema at vai.org wrote:

> I seem to be having a new problem with my ideogram package passing
> the CHECK on 3 of the 4 systems on the daily package check results
> page.  Packages biocViews and geneSpring also have similar errors.
>
> I have gone through my .Rd and .Rnw files without finding any
> problems that are obvious. I have hopefully overlooked something
> rudimentary that a LaTex guru will easily spot. I can replicate the
> error on my windows PC with the current development version of R,
> but have not been able to figure anything out on my own. Thanks in
> advance if anyone can help!

I just committed a fix for you.  The problem seemed to be that you had
unespaped '$' characters.  Wrapping them in \code{something$else}
fixed things.

I also converted a few files that had mixed line ending style (a
little Windows a little unix) to unix style.  Files should be one or
the other.

How did I find the error?

After running R CMD check, look in the ideograph.Rcheck dir and browse
the ideogram-manual.log file.  This told me where to look in the
ideograpm-manual.tex file and this told me where to fix the problem in
the Rd file.

+ seth