[Bioc-devel] Rgraphviz fails to build with graphviz 2.4

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Thu Sep 8 02:56:11 CEST 2005

I recently upgraded my Gentoo Linux system to graphviz 2.4. I can't seem
to get "Rgraphviz" to build from source any more. Here's what happens:

 > source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
 > getBioC("Rgraphviz")

Running getBioC version 0.8  with R version  2.1.1

Running biocinstall version 1.2  with R version  2.1.1
trying URL
'http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/stable/src/contrib/Rgraphviz_1.5.10.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 715502 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 698Kb

* Installing *source* package 'Rgraphviz' ...
checking for graphviz... checking for dotneato-config... not found
failed
configure: error: please specify a valid path to 'dotneato-config'
version >= 1.12 using --with-graphviz=DIR
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'Rgraphviz'
** Removing '/usr/lib/R/library/Rgraphviz'
** Restoring previous '/usr/lib/R/library/Rgraphviz'

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/Rtmp0fmCf9/downloaded_packages
Warning message:
installation of package 'Rgraphviz' had non-zero exit status in:
install.packages(pkgs = "Rgraphviz", repos =
c("http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/stable",

I had a similar problem with some Ruby packages -- missing graphviz
config files -- and the Gentoo people had a workaround for that, which I
applied. So this may be a similar problem. Does anyone know how to work
around this?

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://www.borasky-research.net/