[Bioc-devel] bioconductor task views

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 2 13:58:03 CEST 2005

The Seattle core meeting included discussion of the idea of
task views for Bioconductor software.  No clear consensus
was established, except that persuasive suggestions were
made that a) the vocabulary should be short and flat
b) there should be general ability to associate terms
with packages, so that the set of packages are not
partitioned by terms.  The biocViews package includes
infrastructure to follow these objectives.  We need
developers to help us assign terms to their packages.

Here is the current vocabulary.  If you feel new terms
should be added, please e-mail me directly.  If you see
terms that apply to your package, please add a field
biocViews: to your DESCRIPTION file and put a comma-separated
set of terms that apply to your package in that field.

Eventually we will be asking for view maintainers who will
manage the narrative structures associated with the various
major views.  If you are interested in doing this let me know.

 Microarray
    OneChannel
    TwoChannel
    DataImport
    QualityControl
    Preprocessing
    Transcription
    DNACopyNumber
    SNPsAndGeneticVariability
 Visualization
 Statistics
    DifferentialExpression
    Clustering
    Classification
    MultipleComparisons
 GraphsAndNetworks
 Technology
   Microarray
   Proteomics
   SAGE
   CellBasedAssays
   Genetics
 Annotation
   GO
   Pathways
   ProprietaryPlatforms
   ReportWriting
 Infrastructure

---
Vince Carey, PhD
Assoc. Prof Med (Biostatistics)
Harvard Medical School
Channing Laboratory - ph 6175252265 fa 6177311541
181 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115 USA
stvjc at channing.harvard.edu