[Bioc-devel] biocLite suggestion

Thu Nov 24 02:58:38 CET 2005

I recently had a look at the biocLite script as I was reinstalling
stuff, and I have a few comments.

Currently it is difficult to see that the function actually accepts a
groupName argument, and furthermore it is difficult to see what the
possible values of that argument are (and what packages they
corresponds to) - basically one has to source biocinstall manually
and look for the code.

Suggestion:
1) explicitly add groupName to the args of the biocLite function
2) add in the comments section that groupName = "help" will print out
the possible combinations of groupNames (and what packages they
correspond to)
3) add code in the biocinstall.R script so that 2) actually is true.
(4)) possibly add the groupName = "help" comment to the output of the
biocLite script (I am not sure whether this is a good idea, but it
might be helpful for some non-power users?).

Otherwise the script is very nice.

/Kasper