[Bioc-devel] [BioC] Bioconductor1.6(Rgraphviz etc.) install pro blem with red hat9.0

xinan yang xnyang at seu.edu.cn
Tue Nov 22 17:13:22 CET 2005

Hi Robert and Byron,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  It seems work  using "sudo make install" !
because, in the shell, it "R CMD INSTALL" works, which did not work before:

%whereis graphviz
graphviz: /usr/local/lib/graphviz

%export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/graphviz
%R CMD REMOVE Rgraphviz
% R CMD INSTALL Rgraphviz

Then I can load the package.

But , after open a new shell, it still doesn"t work!
%R
 > library(Rgraphviz)
Creating a new generic function for 'print' in 'Ruuid'
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library
'/usr/local/lib/R/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.so':
  libdotneato.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Rgraphviz'
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Rgraphviz'
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.2.0, 2005-10-06, i686-pc-linux-gnu

attached base packages:
[1] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
[7] "base"

other attached packages:
   graph    Ruuid  cluster
 "1.8.0"  "1.5.3" "1.10.2"

I must re-type "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/graphviz" to let
it works!

BTW,
What should I do if I want to update the graphviz-2.2 to graphviz 2.6?
Simply download the graphviz-2.2.0, then "./configure","make","sudo make
install" in the directory of graphviz-2.6?
Should I uninstall the previous one?

The same question for R, How to install R-2.2.0 while keep the old version?

Thanks!

Xinan