[Bioc-devel] biocViews now required for new package contributions

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Nov 15 16:41:01 CET 2005

Hello all,

We are continuing to make progress on biocViews, a project that will
make the listing of packages easier to use and, we hope, make it
easier for users to find your package.

The big idea is to be able to automatically generate categorized
listings of packages.  To make this work, all packages need to include
a biocViews field in their DESCRIPTION file.

I've updated the package guidelines here:
http://bioconductor.fhcrc.org/developers/devwiki/PackageGuidelines

And put some info on biocViews here:
http://bioconductor.fhcrc.org/developers/devwiki/BiocViewsCategories

If your package doesn't yet have a biocViews field, please consider
adding it --- and feel free to ask for help on this list.

Best,

+ seth