[Bioc-devel] biocViews now checked in

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Fri Nov 4 02:33:43 CET 2005

What's the current status of biocViews? I seem to remember several emails
with instructions about including a biocViews tag in package DESCRIPTION
files, and I took some trouble to do this in the limma package for the BioC
1.7 release. So I'm a bit surprised to find no mention at all of the limma
package in the Task Views link from http://www.bioconductor.org/download/,
despite the fact that the tag in limma includes terms such as
"DifferentialExpression" which have an entry in the Task Views.

What does one do to get a package in the Task Views list? Reading the
biocViews vignette didn't tell me and I couldn't find any instructions
archived in the bioc-devel mailing list (although perhaps I've missed them
because I don't know a way to search this archive).

Gordon