[Bioc-devel] Error during wrapup, what does this mean?

Dipl.-Ing. Johannes Rainer johannes.rainer at tugraz.at
Fri May 20 15:46:04 CEST 2005

hi, it's again me, but i found the problem...
as i am working with database connections and if an error occurs in a
function call i want to roll back the whole stuff that has been written
into a database, i thought to be smart and defined with

> options(error=expression(.rollItBack(Con)))

where .rollItBack is a function that sends the command ROLLBACK
TRANSACTION to the database. well, i did not think, that when the error
occurs the object Con, which is a local variable in the function does
not exist, unless the user has called the connection object also 'Con'.

now i want to ask how i can define a global variable from within a function.

cheers, jo