[Bioc-devel] widgettools download problem w/ getBioC

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu May 19 01:23:40 CEST 2005

I just replied to Cyrus off-list by accident... here's what I said:

Cyrus Harmon <ch-bioc at bobobeach.com> writes:

> on both R 2.1.0 and the latest SVN sources, when using getBioC
> (develOK=TRUE) I get an error attempting to download widgetTools from
> BIOCRel1.6/src/contrib. I figure there are three possibilities:
>
> 1. The repository is in an unstable state as it gets prepped for the
> 1.6 release

That would be the issue: getBioC (the current version on the site)
doesn't know about the updated repository layouts.

Since you asked, please try:

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC-1.6.R")
And then
getBioC(...)

The script now accepts a pkgs argument that should allow you to
specify a character vector of Bioconductor packages to install.

if you want the default package set, then getBioC() should do it.

The develOK arg is no longer supported.  The Bioconductor package
repository you will access depends on the version of R you use.  2.0
=> Bioc 1.5, 2.1 => Bioc 1.6, and 2.2 => Bioc 1.7 (not yet available).

Would love to hear how this works/doesn't work for you.  And if you
have time to report back, please indicate sessionInfo() output as
well.

Thanks!

+ seth