[Bioc-devel] Updated biocViews beta available: please comment

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Dec 7 03:52:37 CET 2005

On  6 Dec 2005, rgentlem at fhcrc.org wrote:

> I wonder (out loud, as it were) if we want them at all. Anyone that
> downloads a package can get the email address, and we do have some
> evidence that even when it is important to do so, few people mail
> the maintainer, so dropping the email address might be the simplest
> approach?

That is certainly an option.  I wonder if we would see more mails to
the maintainer if that info was more easily available.  I know, how
could it be any easier than accessing it from inside R...

But I do see the point: if they aren't going to get used, let's not
spend time mangling them when we can just remove them.

+ seth