[Bioc-devel] Some info for maintainers

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 20 17:12:14 CEST 2004

Hi there ...

First I'd like to remind folks to keep themselves intimately familiar with
the package checking results available
at: http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/checkResults.html as that is
what is happening on our end.  Make sure to note the date stamp for the
various platforms in case the checks happened before your last update to
your package.  Packages need to pass that check w/o errors and (with rare
exceptions) warnings - so if you're seeing something on our end that
doesn't jive with what you get on your end, please let me know.

Another tidbit, pointed out to me by Robert ... people who are seeing slow
performance in their packages and are making heavy use of split() should
try this out.  Apparently running split() on a named vector is much slower
then one w/o names, so try removing the names from your vector before
issuing your split() commands and see if that improves performance.

Thanks
-J