[R-sig-ME] Non normal random effects

valerio.bartolino valerio.bartolino at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 19:14:51 CET 2010

Dear Eric,
I'm impressed by the drop in the AIC due to the 'Species' variable. I
think it could be useful comparing the coefficients estimated for the
fixed effects between the two models. It may be the case that they are
rather different between m1 and m2. I would pay great attention to the
interpretation of the effect of each variable.

Hope this could help

Valerio

--
Valerio Bartolino, PhD

Institute of Marine Research - Swedish Board of Fisheries
PO Box 4, 45321 Lysekil, Sweden

Department of Earth Sciences - Gothenburg University
PO Box 460, 40530 Göteborg, Sweden

e-mail: valerio.bartolino at gvc.gu.se
        valerio.bartolino at gmail.com