[R-sig-ME] profile, confint and p-values in lme4

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 12 20:24:42 CET 2010

Profiling and the associated plots and confidence intervals are not in
the currently released version of the lme4 package.  They currently
only available in the development version that is called lme4a and
must be obtained from R-forge.  At some point this version will be
released as lme4 but I can't say exactly when.  Both Martin and I have
heavy teaching loads at present and are unable to make much progress
on the package.