[R-sig-ME] Has anyone tried Whit Armstrong's CppMCMC library?

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 2 16:08:31 CET 2010

Whit Armstrong has written a C++ library called CppMCMC that provides
BUGS-like functionality in compiled code.  I see that one of his
examples uses the contagious bovine pleuropneumonia data from the cbpp
data set in the lme4 package, fitting an overdispersed binomial-like
model to it.

Does anyone have experience with these classes?  This is not directly
an R question as, at present, I don't know of a bridge between CppMCMC
and R (although it would be an interesting project to use Rcpp for
this).