[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.13.1-patched, vecLib problem on Lion

Yan Zhou zhouyan at me.com
Fri Aug 19 22:06:32 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I have a problem with R 2.31-patched from http://R.research.att.com/. I am using Lion 10.7.1

I did a fresh install of R and I checked that the BLAS library is linked to vecLib. However the following simple code halt on my machine.

	a <- matrix(rnorm(640 * 640), ncol = 640)
	b <- eigen(a)

This should take less than a second. However after an hour R is still halted. I tried a few more times it is reproducible on my machine.

I then built R my self, linked to vecLib, and using Lion's system default tools. The build passed check and the code above runs without a problem.

I am not sure what is wrong here.

The machine I am using is a Mid-2010 MacBook Pro 15", Core i7 2.66GHz.

Does anyone has the same problem or it is that there's something wrong with my machine only?

Best regards,

Yan Zhou