[R-SIG-Mac] service to run R from mail.app?

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 16:28:29 CEST 2011

On 12 Aug 2011, at 6:48 PM, Timothy Bates wrote:
> I wonder if anyone has made a service to send an email selection  to R and run it?

Attached is a service to run selected text in R.

To install. unzip, and move the resulting file as "~/Library/Services/Run selection in R.workflow"

It will then appear in your Services menu. When run, it will send any selected text to R.app (has to be called “R” - not R64 - and execute it.

You can assign a keyboard shortcut in Keyboard->Services

Have fun,
tim