[R-SIG-Mac] GUI problems (opening files, workspace, font-size)

Martin Batholdy batholdy at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 3 22:41:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

I just clean installed my entire system and upgraded to mac OS lion.

Now I have two (minor) GUI-related issues with the newest R-installation for mac OS (2.13.1).
I don't know if that is lion related, but perhaps someone can help me;

First, I am not able to open R-scripts with a double-click in the finder.
Instead of opening the file in the built-in R-editor, it seems like that the console tries to execute the code on startup.
And therefore I get some error messages.

When R is already open, double-clicking on an R-file in the finder opens the file in a new editor-window,
but if R is closed, it tries to open the code directly in the console.

How can I change this behavior?

Also it seems like that R tries to restore the last session, although I explicitly set the option to not save the workspace in the preferences.

And secondly, how can I change the font-size in the console-window of the R-GUI?
I can do a pinch-gesture to increase the font-size, but on the next start of R I again have a rather small font-size.

thanks!