[R-SIG-Mac] problem with loading JGR

Alan Kelly AKELLY at tcd.ie
Mon Aug 1 14:20:07 CEST 2011

dear all, my intention was to check-out Deducer for teaching purposes.  Deducer would not load indicating problems with loading "iplots".  The error message is the same as that repoduced below when I try to load JGR.  I've checked the Info.plist file in the R folder and there is no "StartOnFirstThread" command line.
Any advice on how I might proceed?
Many thanks,
Alan Kelly
Trinity College Dublin

> library(JGR)
Note: On Mac OS X we strongly recommend using iplots from within JGR.
Proceed at your own risk as iplots cannot resolve potential ev.loop deadlocks.
'Yes' is assumed for all dialogs as they cannot be shown without a deadlock,
also ievent.wait() is disabled.
Error in .jnew("org/rosuda/iplots/Framework") :
  java.lang.InternalError: Can't start the AWT because Java was started on the first thread.  Make sure StartOnFirstThread is not specified in your application's Info.plist or on the command line
Error: package 'iplots' could not be loaded

Session Info
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] en_US/en_US/en_US/C/en_US/en_US

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] JavaGD_0.5-4 rJava_0.9-1

[1] coda_0.14-2     grid_2.13.1     lattice_0.19-30