[R-SIG-Finance] RBloomberg update on "Error in dimnames(x) <- dn : 'dimnames' applied to non-array"

Cliff Clive cliffclive at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 23:13:26 CEST 2012

Hi, I'm having a hard time installing rJava 0.8-8 on a Windows machine.

When I try installing from a .tar.gz file, I get this error:
Warning in install.packages :
  error 1 in extracting from zip file
Warning in install.packages :
  cannot open compressed file 'rJava_0.8-8.tar/DESCRIPTION', probable reason
'No such file or directory'

When I try installing from the .tar file, I get the same error.
I tried just extracting the rJava folder and putting it into the folder with
my other R files, and it didn't work.
I tried zipping the rJava folder and installing from the .zip file, which
seemed to work, but then when I tried to load library(rJava), it said that
it is not a valid installed package.

Obviously I'm not very good at this stuff.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?