[R] converting MATLAB -> R | element-wise operation

Berwin A Turlach berw|n@tur|@ch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Feb 28 10:46:57 CET 2024

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 14:54:26 -0500
Evan Cooch <evan.cooch using gmail.com> wrote:

> So, trying to convert a very long, somewhat technical bit of lin alg
> MATLAB code to R. Most of it working, but raninto a stumbling block
> that is probaably simple enough for someone to explain.

On

https://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html

the documents:

“Matlab® / R Reference” by David Hiebeler (PDF, 2010-05-25, 52 pages)

and

“R and Octave” by Robin Hankin (Text), a reference sheet translating
between the most common Octave (or Matlab) and R commands

might be useful.  IIRC, I once used them when I had to do something in
Matlab/Octave and used them as reverse-lookup (I know how to do it in
R, how is it done in Matlab??). :-)

Cheers,

	Berwin