[R] Problems with installing R packages from source and running C++ in R, even on fresh R installation

Wed Sep 6 23:55:23 CEST 2023

В Wed, 06 Sep 2023 11:07:53 +0000
Christophe Bousquet <chr_bousquet using protonmail.com> пишет:

> As can be seen here
> (https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/issues/4591), both issues were
> related to a mispecification of my ComSpec environment variable. Its
> value should be a single path to the cmd.exe file and no semi-columns
> neither. With this done, I could also install again R packages from
> source.

Congratulations on solving this yourself! It turns out that the
system() function itself doesn't work properly when %COMSPEC% isn't set
right. It may have taken a long time to find.

--
Best regards,
Ivan