[R] [Pkg-Collaboratos] BioShapes Almost-Package

Mon Sep 4 13:28:34 CEST 2023

    > Leonard... the reason roxygen exists is to allow markup in
    > source files to be used to automatically generate the
    > numerous files required by standard R packages as
    > documented in Writing R Extensions.  If your goal is to
    > not use source files this way then the solution is to not
    > use roxygen at all. Just create those files yourself by
    > directly editing them from scratch.

Yes. Many experienced R programmers do not use Roxygen
(or use it only rarely; e.g., together with ESS (Emacs Speaks
 Statistics) to make the initial creation or sometime a thorough
 updating the help pages  man/*.Rd more convenient).

There are different tastes and different work flows for
different people.

Martin