[Rd] [External] readChar() could read the whole file by default?

Toby Hocking tdhock5 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jan 29 19:09:12 CET 2024

My opinion is that the proposed feature would be greatly appreciated by users.
I had always wondered if I was the only one doing paste(readLines(f),
collapse="\n") all the time.
It would be great to have the proposed, more straightforward way to
read the whole file as a string: readChar("my_file.txt", -1) or even
better readChar("my_file.txt")
Thanks for your detailed analysis Michael.