[Rd] static html vignette

Adrian Dușa du@@@@dr|@n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jan 4 10:57:15 CET 2024

Dear All,

I learned how to include a static pdf vignette into an R package, using a
dummy .Rnw file to include an already produced "vignette.pdf" file:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pdfpages}
\begin{document}
\includepdf[pages=-, fitpaper=true]{vignette.pdf}
\end{document}

I wonder if it would be possible to include an html static vignette. Such
Rmarkdown (to html) vignettes can be produced using package "knitr", which
users are forced to install (along with dozens of knitr-dependent packages
from tidyverse) despite having nothing to do with the package itself.

If at all possible, I would like to avoid having users install "knitr" via
the Suggests field. I love that package, but I don't like its dependency
chain.

Thank you for any suggestions,
Adrian