[Rd] VPAT OR Accessibility Conformance Report Request

Fri Feb 16 01:55:24 CET 2024

   There was a recent thread here started by someone asking a similar
question.

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2024-January/083120.html

   You should probably start by going through all of that thread, but
the bottom line is that:

  * R is in fact very accessible to people with a wide range of challenges
  * unfortunately you are very unlikely to be able to get such a report,
unless someone volunteers to do one, as R is a volunteer-run project
(and the developers are generally more interested in maintaining and
improving the software than satisfying bureaucrats)

   A google search

https://www.google.com/search?q=R+CRAN+VPAT

   suggests that VPATs are available for various third-party
extensions/packaging of R (Oracle R, RStudio desktop).

   This article is old, but if someone in your IT department read it,
hopefully they would agree to download the software:
https://journal.r-project.org/archive/2013-1/godfrey.pdf