[Rd] NOTE: multiple local function definitions for ?fun? with different formal arguments

Tue Feb 6 22:20:33 CET 2024

On 06/02/2024 2:17 p.m., Hervé Pagès wrote:
> Thanks. Workarounds are interesting but... what's the point of the NOTE
> in the first place?

Creating a function that can't be called could be an error.  Presumably
you are careful and never try to call it with the wrong signature, but
the check code isn't smart enough to follow every code path, so it gives
the note to warn you that you might have something wrong.

You still have the same issue with my workaround, but the check code
isn't smart enough to notice that.

Duncan Murdoch