[Rd] Petition to set warnPartialMatch* options to TRUE

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therne@u @end|ng |rom m@yo@edu
Tue Apr 23 15:07:58 CEST 2024

Let me give partial assent to Michael's suggestion:  a) have an easy way to turn this on
and b) add a strong suggestion to do so to the WRE manual. Kurt's example in the email
shows how to do (a);  but I just looked in the WRE manual and don't see any reference to
it, nor any mention from R CMD check --help, so I don't know where I would have found out
about it.

I have gotton warnings about partial matches from CRAN  wrt the survival package --- I
suspect at the benefit of Kurt  --- and though I muttered under my breath about it at the
time there is no doubt that it was a good idea to fix all of them, and I'm glad for the nudge.

Kurt: does that envionment variable contain the options string itself, or does it point to
a file containing the options?

I appreciate partial matching when typing code at the terminal so want the feature to
remain in that context.

Terry T

--
Terry M Therneau, PhD
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences

"TERR-ree THUR-noh"