[Rd] About FlexiBLAS in the R-admin docs

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Wed Sep 27 15:14:43 CEST 2023

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for this. The "R Installation and
Administration" guide states:

> Apparently undocumented: FlexiBLAS on Fedora provides a complete LAPACK, but not the enhanced routines from ATLAS or OpenBLAS.

I'm not sure what this means. FlexiBLAS does provide 100% of BLAS and
LAPACK, and if the active backend (say, OpenBLAS) implements an
enhanced LAPACK routine, then the call is redirected to the backend.
If the user switches to another backend and that routine is not
available there, then the original LAPACK routine is dispatched
instead.

Best,
--
Iñaki Úcar