[Rd] proposal: 'dev.capabilities()' can also query Unicode capabilities of current graphics device

Tue Sep 26 23:40:47 CEST 2023

On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 12:39:57 +1300
Paul Murrell <paul using stat.auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> Yes, you can set up your own font and TeX installations are a good
> source of Type 1 fonts.  Here is an example (paths obviously specific
> to my [Ubuntu 20.04] OS and TeX installation) ...

Many thanks for the explanation! Your example works on my system
unchanged. It's notable that the PDF files produced with and without
the patch only differ in /CreationDate and /ModDate. This may mean that
the memory problem is much less serious than it looked.

I'll remember to use the fonts from my TeX installation together with
pdf().

--
Best regards,
Ivan