[Rd] as(<dgCMatrix>, "dgTMatrix")' is deprecated.

Tue Oct 3 18:59:10 CEST 2023

On 03/10/2023 12:50 p.m., Koenker, Roger W wrote:
> I’ve been getting this warning for a while now (about five years if memory serves) and I’m finally tired of it, but also too tired to track it down in Matrix.  As far as I can grep  I have no reference to either deprecated object, only the apparently innocuous  Matrix::Matrix(A, sparse = TRUE).  Can someone advise, Martin perhaps?  I thought it might come from Rmosek, but mosek folks don’t think so.
> https://groups.google.com/g/mosek/c/yEwXmMfHBbg/m/l_mkeM4vAAAJ

A quick scan of that discussion didn't turn up anything relevant, e.g. a
script to produce the warning.  Could you be more specific, or just post
the script here?

In general, a good way to locate the source of a warning is to set
options(warn=2) to turn it into an error, and then trigger it.  The
traceback from the error will include a bunch of junk from the code that
catches the warning, but it will also include the context where it was
triggered.

Duncan Murdoch