[Rd] R test coverage

Jim Hester j@me@@|@he@ter @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 27 20:11:06 CET 2023

It should be possible to use covr to do this, see this old issue
(https://github.com/r-lib/covr/issues/59). However interpreting the
results can prove challenging as naturally covr uses functions
from the base internally. Unfortunately the base and many of the
internal and recommended packages have somewhat bespoke installation,
so it would likely take some additional work on your end to get
reporting working. I had thought of doing this at one point, but
wasn't sure there would be any audience for the results, so did not
pursue it further.

For measuring coverage of the C code in the R runtime alone you could
use gcov and run the test suite, which depending on your contribution
may be the most informative route.

(replying for the list, accidentally replied only to Lluís the first time)