[Rd] Inconsistency in grid::grid.polyline

Paul Murrell p@u| @end|ng |rom @t@t@@uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sun Mar 26 22:00:00 CEST 2023

Hi

The general "evolution" of grid.*() functions (that I have written) have
tended towards the grid.polyline() style ...

grid.*(...) {
     grid.draw(*Grob(...))
}

With my thinking at least heading towards:  if you are calling grid.*(),
then you want to actually draw something;  if you want to just create a
description of something to draw, then you want to call *Grob().

In other words, I have come to view the 'draw' argument to grid.*() as
redundant.

That reflects how I use 'grid', so I may be unaware of an important
counter argument.

Paul

--
Dr Paul Murrell
Te Kura Tatauranga | Department of Statistics