[Rd] CRAN 'R Sources' page: Provide link to https://svn.r-project.org/R/

Henrik Bengtsson henr|k@bengt@@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Mar 19 19:20:56 CET 2023

Not sure who is the webadmin for
https://cran.r-project.org/sources.html, so posting it here:

I just noticed it's not straightforward to find the Subversion URL for
the R source code.  A natural search would be to go to
https://cran.r-project.org/, then click 'Source code' to get to
https://cran.r-project.org/sources.html.  That page does mention
"Subversion tree", but it gives not URL for it.  I'd like to suggest
adding it in parentheses, as in:

"The above archives are created automatically from the Subversion tree
(https://svn.r-project.org/R/), hence might not even compile on your
platform and can contain any number of bugs. They will probably work,
but maybe not. Use them to verify whether a bug you're tracking has
been fixed or a new feature you always wanted has already been
implemented."

Thanks,

Henrik