[Rd] dir.exists returns FALSE on Symlink directory

Mon Jun 26 17:07:29 CEST 2023

В Mon, 26 Jun 2023 10:26:07 -0400
Dipterix Wang <dipterix.wang using gmail.com> пишет:

> If I symlink a directory, is symlink considered as directory in R?

It seems to work, at least on GNU/Linux:

# (on this system, /var/lock is a symbolic link pointing to /run/lock/)
system('ls -l /var/lock')
# lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root <...> /var/lock -> /run/lock
dir.exists('/var/lock')
# [1] TRUE

> If so, why `dir.exists` returns FALSE on directory?

Which operating system? Judging by your User-Agent, it must be some
version of macOS. Can you provide the output of `ls -l` on the symbolic
link?

--
Best regards,
Ivan