[Rd] https://cran.r-project.org/src/base-prerelease/ is not updating

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 20 12:54:36 CEST 2023

To be more precise, the thing that happened was that Simon had changed the installation directory for texi2any with the 4.3.0 Mac binaries.

The release manager (me) needed to update materials for Mon-Wed oral exams, so upgraded to a recent prerelease. This broke the nightly builds because it would no longer build the FAQ and RESOURCES files. Being busy with exams, I didn't notice until Gábor chimed in. Fortunately, there was still a little time before release so that I could fix up the situation.

So, thank you very much to Gábor!

To everyone: It is very helpful if you keep an eye on such matters, not only for testing whether we fixed your favourite bug, but also because the whole prerelease regime can be a bit brittle. R Core only has a limited set of (aging!) eyes and we may all become distracted by our regular chores.

- Peter D.