[Rd] codetools wrongly complains about lazy evaluation in S4 methods

Gabriel Becker g@bembecker @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 7 11:13:16 CEST 2023

The API supported workaround is to call globalVariables, which,
essentially, declares the variables without defining them (a distinction R
does not usually make).

The issue with this approach, of course, is that its a very blunt
instrument. It will cause false negatives if you accidentally use the same
symbol in a standard evaluation context elsewhere in your code.
Nonetheless, that's the intended approach as far as i know.

Best,
~G