[Rd] Problem installing gdb into Rtools42

Thu Jan 19 04:56:53 CET 2023

On 18 January 2023 at 22:44, Dominick Samperi wrote:
| On second thought, there is a lot of metapramming code in Rcpp that runs
| before main, so
| I was wrong to say nothing can happen before main() is called.
| Strategically placed print
| statements may be the best strategy.

Yes, and if you want to rule our Rcpp / RInside you can try to embed R
directly without these two and see if you get your repl + plotting device
going without. There is some basic documentation about embedding in section 8
in https://rstudio.github.io/r-manuals/r-exts/ (more nicely rendered version
of the standard manual).

The manual also has a special section on Window -- and while do not do that
much in RInside and Rcpp that is platform specific it is always possible that
we have a bug here or there. That said, there have always been embedded uses
of RInside on Windows too. Good luck, and let us know if you find bugs.

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org