[Rd] rhub vs. CRAN fedora-*-devel, using armadillo & slapack

Thu Jan 12 15:44:44 CET 2023

On 12 January 2023 at 08:54, RICHET Yann wrote:
| Thank you, Dirk.
| But I also tried with ccache, without fails... can you give some details about you reverse-depend configuration ? docker image ? Mine was a standard ubuntu 20.04 packages...

Nothing special -- I just the standard functions in base R package tools to
determine the reverse depends, and then loop over them and calling them one
by one.  (Package `prrd` at https://cloud.r-project.org/package=prrd helps
with this loops running in parallel and stateful, but you don't need that.)

My setup (on Debian, Ubuntu would work the same) contains (the perfectly
legal, helpful (!!) as `ccache` is a godsend, and not infrequently used)
snippet in ~/.R/Makevars

#VER=-12
CCACHE=ccache
CC=$(CCACHE) gcc$(VER)
CXX=$(CCACHE) g++$(VER)
CXX11=$(CCACHE) g++$(VER)
CXX14=$(CCACHE) g++$(VER)
CXX17=$(CCACHE) g++$(VER)
SHLIB_CXXLD=$(CCACHE) g++$(VER)
FC=$(CCACHE) gfortran
F77=$(CCACHE) gfortran
F95=$(CCACHE) gfortran

Your package died incorrectly claiming the Fortran compiler was unsuitable.
Once I commented `CCACHE=ccache` out (which reduces the declaration to
null-ops, essentially) it worked.  Not 'fatal' but tedious as 2600+ other
packages build as they should.

Thanks for looking into it!

Dirk

--