[Rd] rhub vs. CRAN fedora-*-devel, using armadillo & slapack

Serguei Sokol @oko| @end|ng |rom |n@@-tou|ou@e@|r
Tue Jan 10 11:37:46 CET 2023

Le 10/01/2023 à 10:44, RICHET Yann a écrit :
> Dear R-devel people,
>
> We are working to submit a package which is mainly a binding over a C++ lib (https://github.com/libKriging) using armadillo.
> It is _not_ a standard RcppArmadillo package, because we also had to provide a python binding... so there is a huge layer of cmake & scripting to make it work with a standard armadillo (but using same version that RcppArmadillo).
> It seems now working with almost all CRAN targets, but a problem remains with fedora (clang & gcc) devel.
>
> Our issue is that the rhub docker is not well sync with the CRAN fedora-clang-devel config:
> - failing on CRAN (without clear reason): https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-clang/rlibkriging-00check.html
I see  2 candidates for  reasons of failing on CRAN:
  1. test time is 30 min while 15 min are allowed;
  2. your code try to get 30 threads while CRAN limits them to 2;

Try to make your tests shorter ( < 15 min) on 2 threads. May be it will
help.

Best,
Serguei.

> - passing on rhub: https://builder.r-hub.io/status/rlibkriging_0.7-3.tar.gz-20f7dc7562726497af7c678ab41f4dea
>
> So we cannot investigate and fix the problem.
>
> Note that we did quite strange things with the fedora platforms: include explicitely slapack to provide simple precision for our (vanilla) armadillo...
>
> Do you have any idea, or even known problem in mind, that could be related to this ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Dr. Yann Richet
> Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety (https://www.irsn.fr),
>    Department of Characterization of Natural Unexpected Events and Sites
> Office : +33 1 58 35 88 84

Serguei Sokol
Ingenieur de recherche INRAE

Cellule Mathématiques
TBI, INSA/INRAE UMR 792, INSA/CNRS UMR 5504
135 Avenue de Rangueil
31077 Toulouse Cedex 04

tel: +33 5 61 55 98 49
email: sokol using insa-toulouse.fr