[Rd] patch about timezone name of China Standard Time on windows

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Sun Jan 8 22:56:06 CET 2023

> On 7/01/2023, at 1:17 PM, gong yu <yugong using outlook.com> wrote:
>
> understand your concerns.
> for registerTZ.c itself , IMHO , the most important part is the definition of tztable[] .  which come form http://unicode.org/cldr/data/diff/supplemental/windows_tzid.html ,but it can’t access now, the lasted version is https://unicode-org.github.io/cldr-staging/charts/42/supplemental/zone_tzid.html.
>
> maybe  we need write a script  or small tools  , use it sync with unicode standard and microsoft registery or tzutil , to generate tztable definition?
> will this better than current way? if it is i will try it in next 1-2 weeks.

I'm not sure how simple it would be to script this since others have been working on this, but if it was doable it would be a good start. There are others that know more about CLDR than I do.

Cheers,
Simon