[Rd] patch about timezone name of China Standard Time on windows

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Fri Jan 6 23:36:04 CET 2023

Just a quick comment here - this is not as easy as it sounds, because the code is in the "extra" directory which means it is based on upstream sources, so those sources are typically not patched manually as it would be hard to apply upstream updates. In this case the standards have changed since the last update, so the way to go about this would be to upgrade according to latest sources and standards as it's quite possible that the issue has been addressed there. However, such update is quite time-consuming process as we have to make sure that the standards are matched and changes have not broken something in R. So you can file an issue so this is on record, but I wouldn't include patches since they cannot be applied directly for reasons explained as it has to be done as a part of the full update, not just a single entry.

Cheers,
Simon