[Rd] Not documenting a function and not getting a check error?

Fri Jan 6 11:57:58 CET 2023

On 06/01/2023 5:25 a.m., Kevin Coombes wrote:
> I am fairly certain that the check for documentation is really just a
> check for the presence of the function name in an "alias" line.

Yes, that's what the test does, and that's fine.  The problem is with
the usage test in tools::codoc().  If I had incorrect arguments
specified for a documented function, I'd be warned.  If I skip the usage
docs completely, I am not warned.

I think the test belongs around here in the source:

https://github.com/r-devel/r-svn/blob/b57918fd104962415a752ea7db12dcf4f3f5219f/src/library/tools/R/QC.R#L585

If you look there, you see a variable named
"functions_in_usages_not_in_code" but nothing named
"functions_in_code_not_in_usages".

Duncan Murdoch

My