[Rd] Not documenting a function and not getting a check error?

Thu Jan 5 21:19:16 CET 2023

I'm in the process of a fairly large overhaul of the exports from the
rgl package, with an aim of simplifying maintenance of the package.
During this work, I came across the reverse dependency geomorph that
calls the rgl.primitive function.

I had forgotten that rgl.primitive was still exported:  I've been
thinking of it as an internal function for a few years now.  I was
surprised geomorph was able to call it.

Particularly surprising to me was the fact that it is not properly
documented.  One of the help topics lists it as an alias, but it
contains no usage info, and is not mentioned in the .Rd file other than
the alias.  And yet "R CMD check rgl" has never complained about it.

Is this intentional?

Duncan Murdoch